Fall Semester Starts Wednesday, September 16, 2020
NOTE: The Fall 2020 semester will be more reliant on virtual content due to COVID-19. Read below for more details as to how the Fall 2020 semester will work!
AWANA is a discipleship and Bible-memorization ministry during the school year. The goal of AWANA is to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and train them to serve Him. The weekly program is designed to give boys and girls the opportunity to build lasting friendships, establish positive role models, and provide practical life lessons in a safe and fun Christian environment.
Our AWANA Clubs (2020-2021):
– Cubbies (age 3 – 5 (not in Kindergarten))
– Sparks (Kindergarten – 2nd grade)
– Truth and Training (T & T) (3rd – 5th grade)
For the Fall 2020 semester, our AWANA program will be largely virtual. Every Wednesday evening, we will provide a virtual large group lesson and weekly challenge for our students. Then, students are encouraged to complete their weekly challenge at home. Once their weekly challenge is completed, your family will contact an assigned small group leader in-person or virtually to confirm completion of the weekly challenges. We will have a monthly in-person outdoor event to celebrate the achievements of the kids!!!! We will re-evaluate the appropriateness of on-campus learning in December.
– Dues for each participant in our AWANA Clubs is $8 / semester. Our dues go directly to support our Indiana AWANA missionaries and not to NorthWoods Church.
– Each participant in our AWANA Clubs will need a handbook for their club ($11 / book). Kids continuing in the same club as last year may choose to finish an incomplete handbook before purchasing a new book.
– Each participant in our AWANA Clubs should consider purchasing the vest or jersey for their club. The vests or jerseys are the way that our kids collect and display their rewards.
Registration is now open and you can register today HERE.